when you mention to someone that you live in Church Point, you always get an awkward response. To the majority of people, living in Church Point makes you a “spoiled brat.” They automatically think that by living in Church Point your family must be a Caucasian rich family. 
They also think that you must live in a big house, in a gated community, with your own pool, and an expensive car.They believe that you get what ever you want, when you want and that you don’t have to work hard for anything you get, that your parents give you everything.
To others, when you
Church Point is like a nice little community. Everybody knows who you and your family are. You are always well greeted and everyone is always helpful. There is a nice park inside the neighborhood,
where you can play tennis, basketball, and baseball. And the schools are a block away.To me, living in Church Point is so much fun, but not so easy. In school, I was one of the few teenagers who lived in Church Point. I was known as the guy with the “sick car.”
I used to give rides to everyone and “show- off” my car. I threw parties at my house occasionally but mostly attended a lot of others. In a lot of people’s eyes I was the typical “Church Pointer.” I was the guy with the nice car, and the big house but, it was not that simple. I didn’t get what ever I wanted and do what ever I want. I worked hard for everything I got. I had to go to work everyday after school and usually didn’t get home till 8:00.
Every time I had free time, I used to chill in my neighborhood. We used to go to McDonald’s at 1a.m because we were all craving some French fries. There was always a Saturday night pool party, where we went jet skiing in the ocean.
There was always a little kid’s baseball game where I was the head coach. When Halloween was a week away everybody gathered together to make a haunted house.My favorite part of living in Church Point was, once a year, we gathered up everybody and went to Kings Dominion (similar to six flags) for a day. From when the park opens until it closed at night, we will spend the entire day losing feeling in our heads riding roller coasters. Kings Dominion has about 15 roller coasters and we always rode in the front row of all of them. They even have a water park, where we will spend about 2 to 3 hours in. On each ride would scream so loud that we usually lose our voices the next day. My brother and I would usually take a lot of pictures and we usually hide the camera on to the ride and video tape it. You would usually just hear us screaming and the camera would be all over the place.
Life might not be easy, but it is a lot of fun living in Church Point.

No comments:
Post a Comment